Clock Networking Platform Delivers
High Performance and Ultra-Low Power
Maestro Phases offers SoC architects and system developers powerful new tools that automate the design and creation of robust application-optimized clocking solutions.
The Maestro platform combines a clock architecture, software automation, and application-optimized IP to solve common clocking challenges. It addresses problems such as on-chip variation, jitter, clock skews, peak current, and switching noise, all of which are increasing with advanced process scaling.
The Maestro Phases platform features TrueDigital™ PLLs and DLLs which offer unrivaled power savings. These all-digital modules offer superior PPA with better operating characteristics compared to traditional analog and partial-digital solutions. They can operate at ultra-low nanowatt voltages and high performance multi-Ghz frequencies while occupying only a small footprint.
Like all Maestro platforms, Phases includes a master RTL codebase that can be configured to generate code that precisely meets application specifications. Its fully synthesizable architectures enable rapid RTL-to-GDS implementation and optimization. Maestro Phases is designed to work seamlessly with existing digital tools and methodologies to reduce design complexity and significantly improve development time.
Maestro Phases clocking solutions are used in a wide variety of SoC applications to provide video signal processing, frequency synthesis, clock synchronization, demodulation, precision timing, and improved clock signal quality. Silicon-proven across foundries including TSMC, GF, UMC, and Fujitsu, they are commonly used by customers in volume production. Maestro Phases supports implementations for non-standard process nodes in a fraction of the time of analog PLLs and DLLs.
Product Line Highlights
- Flexible architecture with integer-N, fractional-N & spread-spectrum clocking
- Reference divider range 1-512, Output divider range 1-512, Feedback divider range 1-1024
- Dynamic loop filter for fast locking with bandwidth as high as Fref/15 and as low as 10 kHz
- Programmable through a parallel bus or a serial bus with lock status bit available
- Ultra low voltage operation with no headroom limitation
- Extreme environment operation for extended temperatures and radiation hardness