Movellus solves system-level challenges for large SoCs that have aggressive power and performance targets.
Movellus provides critical technology that is integrated into an array of applications ranging from edge AI devices to performance-centric cloud datacenter compute and networking offerings. The company is headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, with R&D centers in Michigan and Toronto.
Dr. Mo Faisal
Founder, President and CEO
Prior to founding Movellus, Dr. Faisal held positions at semiconductor companies such as Intel and PMC Sierra. Faisal received his B.S. from the University of Waterloo, and his M.S. and Ph.D. from the University of Michigan, and holds several patents. Dr. Faisal was named a “Top 20 Entrepreneur” by the University of Michigan Zell Lurie Institute.
VP of Engineering
Saif Alam is a seasoned executive with 27 years experience in leading and building world class engineering teams at both AMD and Intel. Saif has an outstanding track record for on time delivery of high quality and high impact products such as the Sony PlayStationⓒ Game Consoles, AMD Radeon™ Graphics, and the world's fastest HPC solutions. He also has extensive experience in building, growing and leading engineering teams of over two hundred team members across multiple geographies.
SVP of Products, Marketing and Planning
Mr. Karvat is a business leader with over 25 years of experience in the semiconductor industry spanning server, networking and storage markets, and has deep expertise in strategy development, product management, P&L management and M&A. He has held executive leadership positions at Marvell, Cavium and QLogic, and NetXen (Acquired by QLogic), and prior to that was at National Semiconductor and Broadcom (via Acquisition of ServerWorks).
Ras (Robert) Sheffield
Mr. Sheffield is a tenured financial leader with over 30 years in the semiconductor, software, and communication industries. He has deep expertise in leading acquisitions and a public offering for rapidly growing companies and vast knowledge of international markets and financial operations. As the CFO, Mr. Sheffield led the IPO of Magma Design Automation, and served as CFO of ChipX, and Uniquify, along with seven other public or private technology companies.
Board of Directors
- Mo Faisal, Board Chairman, Founder and CEO at Movellus
- Ray Stata, Board Director, Chairman and Founder at Analog Devices
- Faraj Aalaei, Board Director, Founder at Candou Ventures
- David Wentzloff, Board Director, CTO at Everactive and Professor at University of Michigan
- Edward Chyau, Board Director, Managing Partner at MESH
- David Hartmann, Board Observer, Independent
- Chris Buerger, Board Observer, Intel Capital
- Michael Falcon, Board Observer, In-Q-Tel
- Tony Hui, Board Observer, Partner at Ameba Ventures
- Heejin Chung, Board Observer, Head of Venture Capital Investment at SK hynix
Technical Advisory Board
- Fred Weber, Former CTO at AMD
- Tim Olson, CEO at Deca Technologies
- Dr. Jeff Fredenburg, Co-Founder at Movellus
We are a fast-paced company that promotes transparency, empowerment, and opportunities.
We challenge our team members to exceed their own expectations, to collaborate with others, and bring products to market that
exceed our customers’ expectations. We provide competitive benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision and more.
Send your resume to email@example.com
Do you want to learn more about Movellus or talk to one of our experts?
Please complete the form below and tell us how we can help!