Digital Clock Generation Modules Designed from the Ground up for SoCs
Clock Generation Modules Reduce Area by 10x
Aeonic™ clock generation modules are purpose-built for SoCs in applications ranging from datacenter CPUs and AI accelerators, to 5G, aerospace, and automotive SoCs that require higher degrees of testability, reliability, and area-flexibility.
The clock generation modules are fully synthesizable resulting in an area improvement (up to 10x) over analog PLLs and scale with process technology. These digital clock generation modules improve testability (up to 98% coverage) for applications ranging from aerospace to functional safety for automotive.
With our partner foundries and radiation-hardened library vendors, aerospace customers can create customized radiation tolerance levels, and OEMs can deploy generation modules to various radiation challenged environments, such as low-earth or geosynchronous orbit.
Aeonic clock generation modules are silicon-proven across leading foundries, including TSMC, Intel, Global Foundries, and UMC, and are in use across multiple high volume products.
Product Line Highlights
- Flexible architecture with integer-N, fractional-N & spread-spectrum clocking
- Reference divider range 1-512, Output divider range 1-512, Feedback divider range 1-1024
- Dynamic loop filter for fast locking with bandwidth as high as Fref/15 and as low as 10 kHz
- Programmable through a parallel or serial bus with a lock status bit
- Ultra low voltage operation with no headroom limitation resulting in low voltage operation
- Extreme environment operation for extended temperatures and radiation hardness