Synthesizable Clock Generation for Complex SoCs
Aeonic Generate Enables System-Level Solutions through Feature-Rich IP
Aeonic™ clock generation modules are purpose-built for SoCs in applications ranging from datacenter CPUs and AI accelerators, to 5G, aerospace, and automotive SoCs that require higher degrees of testability, reliability, and area-flexibility.
The Aeonic Generate family offers features such as glitchless frequency switching, observability, and programmability to enable system-level solutions, such as rapid droop response or distributed clocking, for chip-wide performance and power improvement.
The clock generation modules are fully synthesizable, process portable, and are up to 8x smaller than fractional analog PLLs, and continue to scale down with process technology. These digital clock generation modules improve testability for high-reliability applications ranging from aerospace to automotive.
With our partner foundries and radiation-hardened library vendors, aerospace customers can create customized radiation tolerance levels. OEMs can deploy generation modules to various radiation-challenged environments, such as low-earth or geosynchronous orbit.
Aeonic clock generation modules are silicon-proven across leading foundries, including TSMC, Intel, Global Foundries, and UMC, and are in use across multiple high-volume products.
Product Line Highlights
- Flexible architecture with integer-N, fractional-N & spread-spectrum clocking
- Reference divider range 1-512, Output divider range 1-512, Feedback divider range 1-1024
- Dynamic loop filter for fast locking with bandwidth as high as Fref/15 and as low as 10 kHz
- Programmable through a parallel or serial bus with a lock status bit
- Ultra low voltage operation with no headroom limitation resulting in low voltage operation
- Extreme environment operation for extended temperatures and radiation hardness